livetoreadlovetoread

Live to Read, Love to Read

http://liveoreadlovetoread.blogspot.co My favourite thing in life is probably sitting down with a good book! If you feel the same add me as a friend!
Cinder (Lunar Chronicles) - Marissa Meyer

This book was a thoroughly enjoyable read. It starts off with Cinder, a orphan cyborg who was taken in by a man whose wife despises her. When he dies his wife is left with Cinder as a ward. She forces Cinder to work for her keep, using profits from Cinder's job to fund her own lifestyle. And thus we are introduced to this new, modern version of Cinderella set in the distant future.

The author was able to remain true to the old fairytale without making it feel as though you were simply reading Cinderella in the future. Many things had a slight twist, like her friendship with her step-sister and the plague that is ravaging the whole world. Marissa Meyer managed to make this a thoroughly original novel, with the tale of Cinderella used as only a starting off point.
While the main plot twist was obvious from nearly the start of the book, I still found myself reading on wanting to know exactly how this was revealed and what would happen after.
This book was extremely good and I would recommend it for anyone, and I am eagerly anticipating the next installment of this book.

Source: http://livetoreadlovetoread.blogspot.ie/2013/09/review-cinder-by-marissa-meyer_7.html